What should we do if the family rejects the presents?

If you are able to determine their refusal is because the children financially don’t need the help, kindly explain that Angel Tree exists to allow the parent in prison to communicate their love to their children and personally provide them with gifts, and isn’t based on financial need. Should they still decide not to participate, thank them for their time, let them know that your church is available, and leave the church phone number. You can report this information back to the Angel Tree national office using the Children Not Served form located on our website at under the Angel Tree Forms section. It would be a thoughtful gesture if you write to the inmate advising the caregiver has chosen not to participate. A letter template for this purpose is available on our website located at under the Angel Tree forms section.

Was this article helpful?
0 out of 0 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request


Article is closed for comments.