For 2.7 million children in the U.S., their story may be filled with the abandonment, loneliness and shame that comes from having a mom or dad in prison. For many, it may also include following their parents down the same destructive road to incarceration. Angel Tree®, a program of Prison Fellowship, reaches out to the children of prisoners and their families with the love of Christ. This unique program gives you an opportunity to share God's love by helping to meet the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of the families of prisoners.
- I received 'The Story of Christmas' storybooks (coloring page with stickers) with my OneHope materials. What are these for? What do I do with them?
- In previous years a Resources CD has been included with the Church Resource Kit. I did not receive a CD with my kit. Why?
- Can I use the Angel Tree logo on our website/newsletter/t-shirt/signage, etc?
- We didn't get the number of children we asked for. Can you send us some more?
- The children and caregivers don't seem to appreciate the gifts or do not look needy at all.
- I called the caregiver but they have already been called by another church. What do I do?
- I heard on the radio (received a letter) saying it costs $22.00 to sponsor a child for Angel Tree. But my church is buying the gift. Why the difference?
- My husband (son, brother...) is in prison, can I enroll my children (grandchildren, nieces and nephews) in Angel Tree Christmas?
- There is a restraining order against the incarcerated parent, and Angel Tree has contacted me for the parent to give the child a gift. Don't you screen the applicants?
- How much does it cost to send a child to camp?
- Do you place trees in other locations besides churches? I am looking for an Angel Tree so I can pick out an Angel.
- Are the gifts we buy for the children tax deductible?